At Ashbrook Court Care Home we are committed to providing high quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- People’s dining experiences were positive overall and comments from people about the meals were complimentary. One resident said, “Meals are very good. If there is something you are not keen on you can say and they have a good variety. The staff know my likes and dislikes.”
- Staff treated people with treated with dignity and respect. People spoke in a complimentary way about the staff and their approach to people living in the service. One person said, “Staff are very good, they do anything you ask. I am not the easiest person, they are very kind.” A relative told us, “I love it, the residents are treated with respect and kindness.”
- One person told us, “It’s very nice here, everyone fits in and I cannot find fault with the staff, I have got someone to talk to all the time.”
- “Records provided by the registered manager confirmed that staff received updated training, supervision and appraisal to ensure their continued competence in their role. One staff member said, “I have had training on the job and competence assessments. I have had one to one and group feedback meetings and I have just had an appraisal.”
- “One person said, “The building is nice and comfy, staff seem very good and there seems to be enough of them.”